Banski Diver Girl

Banski Diver Girl

Saturday, November 20, 2010


My dream this morning: I find myself in a world that is falling apart. Like one big special effect, rocks and trees and structures crumbling away into space. What look like ancient greek buildings bursting into flames and crumbling, ashes and fire dispersing into nothingness. All around me people in panic, mostly people running forward because if you stay in one spot,or run the wrong way you will find yourself "standing" on nothing.
They say not everyone dreams in color, but I recall the reds, yellows and oranges of the fire coming from beneath and eating the world. The browns of the dry earth beneath me....
I started to run forward, no panic, I actually felt like I was running on a treadmill since the earth seemed to be getting sucked up behind me.
I ran past people and the hot fires. I kept running until I got ahead of the chaos. I even thought, if I run enough, will I eventually make it all the way around? Will it be the end or the beginning?
Then I arrived at what looked like a temple with dark brown men wearing low slung burnt orange robes. I ran past them though, until I reached a shallow pool and then a rock wall.
The hermits or monks told me to stop. "Do not go over that wall" they all came after me to stop me but would not touch me.
"Why?"
"It's the end of the world" they said, looking at me and toward the wall.
I started to climb it. "I have come this far," I said "I may as well keep going, I want to see what is at the end of the world!"
And I woke up. 4:30am, hot because no matter what the thermostat says, our heater ALWAYS seems to kick on at 4:00am and run for an hour, even when it's set at 62F!! I was hot, dry, and thirsty.
I did not get to see the end of the world.

No comments: